(and fair processing notice)
Kito IT Limited (“we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy as a user of the Site. This notice explains how any personal data that we may collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
What is Personal Data?
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, Personal Data is defined as data that relates to a living individual who can be identified either:
- a) from those data; or
- b) from those data and other information which is in the possession of, or is likely to come into the possession of, the data controller,
and includes any expression of opinion about the individual, and any indication of the intentions of the data controller or any other person in respect of the individual. (Section 1(1) Data Protection Act 1998). Personal Data will therefore cover basic details such as your name, address, telephone number, and date of birth, but also other data which may enable someone to identify you (for example, your login details, user profiles and so on).
Why do we need to collect and store your Personal Data?
We may collect your Personal Data and other information to ensure that the Content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, to provide you with information about services that you request from us (such as our newsletters, bulletin updates or help desk support services) or which we feel may interest you (where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes). We may also use your Personal Data and other information to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site and in surveys, competitions or promotions (when you choose to do so) or to provide you with Site support and to notify you about changes to the Site.
We always try to make sure that the information we collect is correct and does not become an invasion of your privacy. We will never pass on your Personal Data to a third-party unless we have obtained your consent or if we are legally required to do so.
What information do we collect?
We may process (that is collect, store and use) the following personal data provided by you:
- Information that you provide to us by filling in forms on the Site (e.g. your name, postal address, e-mail address and contact telephone number). This includes any information provided to us when you register to use our Site, contact us via the Site, post material or request further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Site;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence; and
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Any personal data that we do collect from you will be processed in a manner that is compatible with the Data Protection Act. We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up-to-date and not keep it for longer than is necessary. In some instances the law sets the length of time information has to be kept, but in most cases we will use our discretion to ensure that we do not keep records outside of our normal business requirements (i.e. providing a service to you and notifying you of any changes).
The Site does not collect sensitive personal information but it may collect and allow us to process the following:
- IP addresses and other technical information – We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you as an individual. Collecting this information allows us to ensure that our Site is presented in the most appropriate manner for you and your computer. We may also collect information about your visit, including full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, lengths of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Passwords: Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone else.
Transmission of data: The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Where we store your Personal Data: The data that we collect from you will not be transferred to, or stored at, a destination outside of the EEA and will be stored on the secure servers of Kito IT.
Your rights: Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you can make a formal request for the following information:
- Clarification that your Personal Data is being processed by us;
- A description and copy of such personal data;
- The reasons why such data is being processed; and/or
- Details of to whom such data are or may be disclosed.
Information about the data controller: For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Kito IT Limited a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 08357511 whose registered office is at 21 Beaulieu Avenue London SE26 6PN.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Last updated 1st November 2014